Opps, my mistake :-[
   apologies...

    Dave

On 18/09/2011 16:43, Mathieu Guillaume wrote:
More important, you can check the legal status by clicking "INPADOC legal status". Doing this, you will learn that the demand is "deemed to be withdrawn", namely, the applicant gave up to obtain a patent on this subject.

To conclude, you cannot get a patent for anything... and the sentence "the patent examiner was actually an expert in hieroglyphics or ancient Summarian writings and so he'd never been near a recording studio or a composer of computer music" is a little bit offending. You might just ignore how the patent system works.

Best regards,
Mathieu Guillaume

 These are my own views and may or may not be shared by my employer
/* Dave Malham   http://music.york.ac.uk/staff/research/dave-malham/ */
/* Music Research Centre                                             */
/* Department of Music    "http://music.york.ac.uk/";                       */
/* The University of York  Phone 01904 432448                        */
/* Heslington              Fax   01904 432450                        */
/* York YO10 5DD                                                     */
/* UK                   'Ambisonics - Component Imaging for Audio'   */
/*                    "http://www.york.ac.uk/inst/mustech/3d_audio/"; */