Eero Aro <eero....@dlc.fi> wrote:
> The HJ decoding equation is in the Motherlode:
>
> http://decoy.iki.fi/dsound/ambisonic/motherlode/source/Encoding%20standards%20for%20NRDC%20Universal%20HJ%201977.pdf

Be aware that the BBC/NRDC System HJ was
defined as a set of tolerance zones; these are
illustrated in Figure 1 (page 4) of the paper
Sampo indicated.  My recollection is that the
zones were wide enough to include both the
BBC Matrix H and the NRDC System 45J
(which was a progenitor of Ambisonic UHJ).
This makes decoding problematic.

Elsewhere in the same paper decoders for
Ambisonic UHJ are described, so I would
decode System HJ using that.

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin J Leese
E-mail: martin.leese  stanfordalumni.org