Hi Eric.

Thanks for the post, and yes, it makes a lot of sense regarding differing perceptions when auditioning binaural material.

I think IRCAM have identified (at least) several different "types" of ears in relation to binaural perception. At least that was the information they gave me when I was discussing it with them in October last year.

Best regards,

Haig