Very interesting. I went to that page and they want $30 for 5 days access!!

So, could you possibly advise me what changes were made to the Matrix?

Richard

  The paper I just linked to ("System UHJ" by P S Gaskell, Sept 1979
  <http://is.gd/MU9ijH> - which I now have a copy of) gives the BBC's then
  current encoding matrix for HJ, which is indeed different from the one I
  have for H.  It doesn't give details of the "several" linear decoders
  developed, but gives a reference - which is to MAG's paper "Design of
  Ambisonic decoders for multispeaker surround sound".  This implies that a
  UHJ decoder is expected.  The paper then gives more details of a logic
  decoder.

  Paul

  --
  Paul Hodges