Is there a date on this? Sounds very much like Ambisonics and the Gerzon
spreaders to me...

        Dave

On 08/05/2012 00:26, Gregorio Garcia Karman wrote:
Hi Sursounders, just bumped into a reference that I had forgotten and that may
help to clarify the point/plenum question. In one of his notebooks Gerhard
refers to a demonstration given by Raimond Raikes from the department of Drama
of the BBC in the following way:

"the possibility of locating sound in a concrete point of three-dimensional space;
of making it come nearer or move away at will; so that it moves across the auditive field
from right to left or viceversa, as an actor crosses the stage; and above all, the
extraordinary effect of the _spread_ of sound, which, from a central point, one can
extend over the entire auditive field: these are not simply tricks: in my opinion, they
constitute a new 'dimension' [...]."

What sound location technique could have been presented at the BBC to Gerhard
by Mr. Raikes?

again huge thanks for your comments!