You can't make naive predictions on what ambi stereo decode will sound like
that; especially when you have j terms.  You have to apply the full General
Metatheory ...

http://www.aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=6827   It should be in Sampo's
motherlode too.

- Decode the W' X' Y' signals to a speaker layout.  A square is convenient for
horizontal super stereo predictions.
- Apply Michael's equations to get what the listener perceives in the centre.

- Do the same at HF according to the Shelf filters.  These are particularly
important for 2 -> stuff.

Only then will everything make sense according to the theories of Bauer,
Blumlein ..Franssen ... Strutt, Vanderlyn etc.

Note General Meta doesn't use WXYZ in exactly the same way as traditional Ambi
theory so be warned.

I did a lot of this stuff in Jurassic days, trying to find a better stereo
decode but had to admit the WW 77 equations were as good as any and better than
most.  There are small differences in some Geoffrey Barton stereo decodes to do
with some added Forward Preference.  This improves 'phasiness' performance for
front centre sources but doesn't change the perceived directions.

I've applied General Meta .. to 'normal' 2 speaker stereo in the design of my
Wharfedale Option 1 & 2 speakers.