Hi folks

I've been offered a Soundfield SPS422 for a very good price but before I
take the plunge I have a few questions.

The preamp that comes with this model is an early version which doesn't have
the b-format outputs built in.

I'd like to know if it is possible to:

1: use a 12pin to  XLR breakout and record the separate outputs directly
from the mic using a motu traveller (which I already have), also, is it
possible to power the mic from one of the travellers pres (phantom) or will
I need to power the mic using a 5th XLR on the breakout?

2: would it be a relatively easy job to modify the soundfield preamp and fit
the b-format outputs into the chassis?

Thanks in advance

Dan Andrews

Registered Office: