I am not sure about the second part of your post. But with regards to the
first half did you consider using max msp (or probably supercollider) ? you
could control as many channels as you want with a computer and control them
with almost anything  from a wii controller via blue tooth to more or les
anything with an aduino.

07580951119

augustine.leudar.com