Hi Rob,

I work at Dolby, although not on the Atmos team.  Record acoustic music (mostly
"classical") in the SF Bay area and have been running a SoundField mic in
parallel for about a year now, gathering some conventional and some interesting
recordings.  I've had on my list to reach out to the Atmos team regarding the
ability to render these to an Atmos system, and your post provoked me to take
the subject up again.

I don't think the Atmos renderer has an Ambisonic decoder in it, but one could
probably be constructed that leverages the site map (speaker information) that
drives the Atmos renderer.

Will let you know what I learn.

Michael