From: sursound-boun...@music.vt.edu [mailto:sursound-boun...@music.vt.edu] On
Behalf Of Tim Collins
Sent: den 8 januari 2013 18:54
To: Surround Sound discussion group
Subject: Re: [Sursound] Array for sound field recording and extend the sound
image

You can make a velocity microphone by subtracting two closely spaced omnis. I
saw a paper on making ambisonic recordings like this a couple of years ago:
http://www.aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=15389
The problems, though, are spatial aliasing at high frequencies and lack of
sensitivity at low frequencies. These would both need addressing in a practical
system.

Best wishes
Tim

    Dr. Tim Collins
    Electronic, Electrical and Computer Engineering
    University of Birmingham
    Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK
    www.eee.bham.ac.uk/collinst