From: Fons Adriaensen <f...@linuxaudio.org>
To: sursound <sursound@music.vt.edu>
Sent: Thu, Jun 27, 2013 12:05 pm
Subject: Re: [Sursound] Giving Precedence to Ambisonics

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 01:52:55PM -0400, Thomas Chen wrote:

> By adding time to the recording you can keep the edges still
> left and right however the center will move as you move.

The center still moves, as by symmetry you can't use delays there.
The edges will stay put even without delays as they are only
reproduced by one speaker. Using delays to keep something fixed
in between the center and the edges seems at least as unstable
as using amplitude differences alone, unless the delays are so
large that they  will pull such sources to the edges anyway.
So what is the point of using delays ?

Ciao,

--
FA