hi everyone,

thank you very much for your replies -- what i would like to achieve is playing
a mix of a b-format recording combined with several mono- and stereofiles (have
been doing this a lot, but only with a maximum of 8 channels). my mixing
platform is reaper on osx.

i am going to record a space with a soundfield mic and i would like to then
make a "simulation" of it by setting up an array of 16 speakers. one speaker
circle is on ear level, the other one above.
i would like to use the second circle above to add height information to the
ambisonic soundfield.

as i can see now, adding a second instance of vvmic or harpex might not be
suitable as it would generate two separate soundfields. (not sure if i am right
here...)
the b2x plugins seem to have a maximum of 12 outputs. ...i will look at ambdec
but it does seem to need a lot of routing using jack.

would the decopro vst plugin (http://www.gerzonic.net/) be a good choice for
this purpose?

thank you !
moritz

Am 03.07.2013 um 15:38 schrieb Matthias Kronlachner:

> hi!
>
> you may just add an additional 8 channel track for a second instance of
> vvmicvst in reaper.
> send the 4 channel ambisonics signal to this newly created instance hosting
> vvmicvst, and route the outputs as you like.
>
> but if this approach gives you good decoding is another issue..
>
> matthias
>
> On 7/3/13 1:37 PM, Moritz Fehr wrote:
>> Dear Members of Sursound,
>>
>> i am using the VVMicVst Plugin in Reaper for mixing and decoding my B-Format
>> recordings. The plugin is limited to an output of 8 channels. For a new
>> sound installation, I would like to decode to 16 channels (two circles of 8
>> speakers stacked). I know that I could use ICST for Max, but if possible in
>> any way, I would to keep on working in a DAW. Are there any other plugins or
>> tools available for this purpose (OSX) ?
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>>
>> Best,
>> Moritz

Moritz Fehr