Indeed; I recently got an old one on eBay, and it is very big. The capsules (or at least their grilles) sit on the surface of a sphere approx 48 mm radius (using the Oktava MK012 cardioid capsules). I have not used it in anger yet as I want to get it calibrated before I try it out properly. My normal work has been too busy this summer to permit time for my recording hobby, so for the moment tis mic languishes uncalibrated and effectively unused. The output is type-II A-format (LFD, RFU, LBU, RBD) rather than the more-usual type-I A-format (LFU, RFD, LBD, RBU); but obviously just turning the whole mic assembly 90° to the left (body vertical) will make the result effectively type-I.

Gerard Lardner