"Michael Chapman" wrote:
> I always remember one teacher commenting on speech, that you can apply*
> any standard effect and it is still intelligible, except playing it
> backwards.
>
> Not saying that it couldn't be learnt ...

Indeed it can.  When I was in high school,
many moons ago, there was a brief fad for
talking backwards.  The participants began by
reversing only the order of words in a
sentence, but progressed to reversing the
individual words as well.  They became very
proficient at this, and could reverse a long
sentence after only a second or two of thought.

I never took part; I thought it was silly.

Regards,
Nitram
--
Martin J Leese
E-mail: martin.leese  stanfordalumni.org