Hi Richard

To start with, and to do some tests, I will be using what is freely available,
but fully intend to migrate to a suite of encoders and decoders not unlike your
own. It really depends on how it all sounds and functions. I may even consider
doing some coding myself...Do you do deals on the complete works, encoders,
decoders and upscalers (including harpex)? One of my main concerns in this area
is one of control. As yet I haven't found a satisfactory way of using a
controller to continuously rotate on any or all planes . A xyz trackball would
be ideal but they are expensive and cumbersome, as they are geared towards
graphics manipulation. I think I may take two normal kensington type trackballs
apart and make one with the extra axis stuck on! (they only operate in two
planes).

Reflections and echos won't be a problem, this I know for sure, as I have built
many great sounding stereo studios. The walls will be open and hessian covered,
allowing absorption into very thick high density resin rock wool. Which will
mean low RT60. Bass will be controlled by traps, room eq and the fact that the
room is contained with in a room, within my larger space. The brick walls will
be quite some distance from the subs and hopefully energy will of dissipated
enough before return!
Speaker placement shouldn't be a problem either, as this will have priority
over windows and screens (or screen will open acoustically), apart from the
door that is. Left and right symmetry is though, and I think this is quite
critical.
Pretty much all noisy machinery will also be in a separate room, or i'll just
turn up the volume to compensate :)

Thanks

Steve