--On 20 March 2014 12:02 +0100 David Pickett <d...@fugato.com> wrote:

>> I understand that the current Windows SRC is pretty good, actually.
>
> I probably know less about this than you do.  But do you mean Windows
> 8?  Windows 7, which I am using appear to have a problem, but with a
> secret fix that I havent tried yet:

I knew about that problem, which was gross and inexcusable, and applied
the fix, which is fine.  But now I'm running Windows 8.1 in any case.

> The biggest problem is in knowing what actually goes on behind the
> scenes.  I have recorded the broadcasts with Samplitude set to 48k.
> I am using ASIO, so maybe the problem DOESNT exist.

But it's coming out of the browser and into the interface via the MS
audio stack; you're only using ASIO for recording the data coming from
the interface.

> My interface is RME UFX (in Loopback Mode) and it claims that it is
> running under internal sync, from which I understand Samplitude to be
> the master clock.

I presume the TotalMix architecture is fairly similar to the PatchMix
I'm using.  In the E-MU "internal sync" means internal to the
interface, which is providing the master clock to the software.  I
don't think the software ever provides the master clock.

Paul

--
Paul Hodges