Hi,

I've changed the subject title as I was deservedly reprimanded for not changing it in my initial post.

From: Fons Adriaensen <f...@linuxaudio.org>
Date: 19 March 2014 20:21:34 GMT
To: sursound@music.vt.edu
Subject: Re: [Sursound] Sursound Digest, Vol 68, Issue 17

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 07:50:43PM +0000, Dave Hunt wrote:

Surely the best approach is to feed the noise signal (post decoder)
into each speaker channel in turn and adjust the amplification on
each channel until the level measured at the centre listening point
is the same for each speaker.

That would be a prerequisite for the method I explained.
But it still leaves you with an uncalibrated system, as
the decoder gain (no matter how you define it) isn't
included.

Agreed. I was just stating the prerequisite, as this seemed to have been missed.