how inexpensive? for less than 200 usd ESI has an eight output usb box with RCA
connectors. it is well made. for between ten and 20 dollars, there are scores
of '7.1' usb boxes. they all have eight outputs, use the same ic. some have
four mini jacks and some have three (with two of them being three channel
connectors). they are not impressive to look at, but they work, especially with
ASIO for all.

umashankar