Hi Yilin,
   I'm really not sure what's happening here because using in-ear phones
like the CS-10EM and then listening back should provide a pretty accurate
impression as the cues which you use on live sound are duplicated fairly
exactly (except for head turning effects - search back in the archives for
"green-lee head brace" to find a discussion of this). An experiment you
should do is, with your head kept quite still, listen to a vertically
moving sound live then listen to a recording of the same. In both cases
have your eyes closed to remove any visual cues and have someone else move
the sound source so that you are  not getting physical cues. It's
remarkable how often people complain about surround systems not  working
properly then when you play the same audio out of just one loudspeaker you
find that they can't locate that either, because the sound itself is not
well localisable.

     Dave

On 4 September 2014 12:57, 霖の <951343...@qq.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
> As we understand, binaural recording can capture both vertical and
> horizontal information for it using the head to encode the soundscape. And
> someone also says that he listened an very interesting binaural recording
> that you even can recognise the object is fallen from his head to feet.
> However, when i'm using  CS-10EM Binaural microphone ​​for recording, there
> are elevation information contains in the sound file. And I've checked the
> sound file which someone recorded by using 'dummy head', no elevation
> information as well. Anyone know what is the problem ? And anyone have
> recorded the "elevation information" before and how did you made it? ‍
>

> Thank you very much,
> Yilin

As of 1st October 2012, I have retired from the University.

These are my own views and may or may not be shared by the University

Dave Malham
Honorary Fellow, Department of Music
The University of York
York YO10 5DD
UK

'Ambisonics - Component Imaging for Audio'