Cor - that's a right rogue's gallery. Good luck - and may the gods of
Ambisonics go with you! :-)

   Sent from a rainy York......

     Dave

On 11 April 2015 at 07:04, Eric Benjamin <eb...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Martin
>
> There is a bit more information about the project at the envelop web site:
>
> http://envelop.us/
>
> Several of the proponents are members of Surround. Perhaps one of them
> would like to elaborate.
>
> Eric
>
> ------------------------------
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 9:46 PM PDT Martin Leese wrote:
>
> >Hi All,
> >
> >I fell across this Kickstarter campaign.  I have
> >no connection, blah, blah, blah.  Does anybody
> >know more?  Below are some extracts.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Martin
> >--
> >Martin J Leese
> >E-mail: martin.leese  stanfordalumni.org
> >Web: http://members.tripod.com/martin_leese/
> >

> >ENVELOP - 3D Sound
> >
> >https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/envelop/envelop-3d-sound
> >
> >$27,333 goal
> >
> >ENVELOP is a 3D sound platform that introduces an open source software
> >toolkit and educational initiatives to help any artist align their
> >creativity with new technologies for creating music in three
> >dimensions.
> >
> >We are creating a next-generation 28.4 speaker audiovisual system that
> >features innovative technology to move sound in space around the
> >audience from any direction. ENVELOP is new environment for artists to
> >create and perform music in 3D surround sound.
> >
> >The foundation of ENVELOP’s technology is Ambisonics
> >
> >Not-for-profit and Open Source
> >
> >Developers: Roddy Lindsay, Elan Rosenman, Christopher Willits, and Andrew
> Kimpel

As of 1st October 2012, I have retired from the University.

These are my own views and may or may not be shared by the University

Dave Malham
Honorary Fellow, Department of Music
The University of York
York YO10 5DD
UK

'Ambisonics - Component Imaging for Audio'