Hi Jake/Martin, here are those videos I mentioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ5sdldXo-Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cDAVFWMiEw

They're somewhat rough and ready, but they should give you the basic idea
of  how to setup ambisonics encoding and decoding to binaural in Reaper.
The AmbiX suite have a number of really useful plugins (thanks Matthias!)
including a binaural decoder. There's also a very handy converter plugin to
shift between different formulations of ambisonics (Furse-Malham, SN3, etc)
and the video shows how you can use this to mix and match different
encoders and decoders (the Wigware and Ambi-X plugins are used in the
video).

So, if you have a piece encoded using the WigWare plugins, you don't need
to replace all of the encoders with the AmbiX plugins (or do some math!) in
order to use the AmbiX decoder.

The second video shows how to decode a soundfield mic recording
specifically, and if I get a chance, I'll try to put together some template
Reaper projects too.
All the best,
Enda

- www.endabates.net