     From: Rafael Hidalgo <rafa.palm...@gmail.com>
 To: sursound@music.vt.edu
 Sent: Friday, 26 June 2015, 10:37
 Subject: [Sursound] SoundField rental in Spain

Hi Martin.
I have not a reference from myself to compare the difference, because I bought
the recorder directly from BusmanAudio with the 6 preamps moded.

Before, I was looking in internet for a reference of the improvement of a moded
one, and some people in gearslutz wrote is a litle bit quiet in hi gain, and
some goldenears found the differences.

A known floor noise of the dr-680 in high gain is from the phantom power, and
the Busman mod changes some components on the preamps, like some condensers and
the opamps, and those condensers could be the solution on that kind of noise,
but not all.

Because the Tetramic have a known noise floor highest than others mics like a
SF ST350, I thought: less noise always is better, then I decided for this
option.

Also I choosed this way because when I bought it the price in Europe was higher
than now, 1000€, and similar to the moded unit, but without moded.

I dont tried to power the tetramic from the PPAs, may be go less floor noise on
the recordings.

There are a lot of literature about the Busman mods, but not too much to
compared files. You can check for yourself in a recent treaht on gearslutz,
there are some files with and without modded ins:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/remote-possibilities-acoustic-music-location-recording/980920-busman-dr-680-mod.html

Rafa.