Hi,

I'm intending to try setting up a 16-speaker Ambisonics array next
week in a small TV studio. I'm trying to figure out the practical
arrangements for setting up the speakers. I was wondering if anyone
with experience might be able to offer some advice or point me in the
right direction?

What I'm planning at the moment is a half-sphere arrangement which
would likely consist of:

- 8 speakers in a circle of radius 2m at a height of approximately 1.6m
- 6 speakers in a smaller circle at an elevation of 45 degrees
- 2 speakers at an elevation of approximately 75 degrees

Alternatively, I would be happy with an arrangement similar to the
first 16-speakers in this diagramme:
http://www.matthiaskronlachner.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/loudspeaker-plan-observatory.jpg

I've been trying to find out if there is a convention or "most usual"
arrangement but couldn't find anything. I'm not particularly attached
to the actual arrangement, I just want to find an arrangement that
will work well enough with 16 speakers. Any advice?

The other thing I would welcome is advice on how to mount the speakers
to lighting rigs in a manner that is practical enough to offer some
good compromise between precision and ease of setup. I believe the
speakers we'll be using for the upper tiers will be Genelec 8060s.

Many thanks. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

- martin