Hi everyone,

following up on the recent thread about (the lack of) Ambisonics at upcoming conventions, I'd like to inform you about this year's VDT International Convention (aka the "Tonmeistertagung"), to take place in Cologne, Germany, Nov. 17-20 2016:

        http://www.tonmeister.de/index.php?p=tonmeistertagung/2016

The program is not completely in English, but many of the cutting-edge research papers are.

I'm a little bit proud to say that through many years of continuous grass-roots efforts, Ambisonics has finally made it onto the radar of the European professional audio community, not the least since the VDT founded and co-hosted the International Conferences on Spatial Audio, which have worked little miracles in bringing the research community and the professional audio market in touch. Consequently, the last VDT convention in 2014 has featured an Ambisonics-capable lecture hall for the first time (3h2v only, but it's a start, and it was for more than 100 people), and we're looking for an excuse to provide one again this year.

So please save the date, and keep your workshop ideas and paper presentations coming. It's still a while before the call for papers, but I'd welcome some signs on- or off-list about the kind of interest we can expect to kick some spherical harmonic butt, at a conference that has had a strong reputation for 3D audio topics and drawn thousands of highly skilled visitors, 180 exhibitors and more than 200 paper presentations in the past. And the more interest we see, the more resources we can justify to put into a nice Ambi rig.

Disclaimer: I'm a member of VDT and work for them as technical director of the conference.

Best,

Jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net