Peter Lennox wrote:

>  Following on from discussions of decoder solutions: Forgive me if I've
> missed this (I've been watching sursound for about 20 years, or so - but I
> just may have missed the odd discussion!)
>
> Has anyone systematically studied the interactions between decoders, speaker
> layouts and particular rooms?

Dermot Furlong looked at the last two in the
early 1990s.  He made a lengthy post to
"sursound" in June 1996 describing his work.
This post used to be available in my area on
the Ambisonia.com site, but it seems to have
been deleted.  I still have the files, but am not
sure of the best way for making them available.

> (and I haven't even mentioned the possible
> variety of speaker dispersion characteristics!)

Dermot also looked at this.

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin J Leese
E-mail: martin.leese  stanfordalumni.org