Martin Leese wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is a CD on eBay which is not in the UHJ Discography.  However,
> the details state:
>
> Leyf?u Lj?sinu (Icelandic for "Allow the light"), was recorded live at
> the Music Research Centre, University of York, in January [2012?] by
> Tony Myatt, using a SoundField ST450 Ambisonic microphone and two
> Neumann U87 microphones.
> As to be faithful to time and space - elements vital to the movement
> of sound - this album was recorded entirely live, with no
> post-tampering of the recording's sense of occasion.
>
> ? & ? 2012 Touch
> Published by Touch Music [MCPS]
>
> Anybody know if this CD is UHJ-encoded?

Embarrassingly, I asked Tony Myatt this is 2012.
He responded:

   'the stereo release was made in UHJ, BUT
    it has been mastered, not stricly for a UHJ
    release. so the mastering processes and
    filters may have interfered with the UHJ. i
    haven't tested a UHJ 4 channel decode
    from the stereo version, since it wasn't
    intended to be a UHJ release, but it may
    still decode okay. i'll try it and let you know."

I did not hear from tONY again.  I just tried to
e-mail him a reminder, but the e-mail address
that worked in 2012 no longer works.  (I thiink
the Luddites were on to something.)

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin J Leese
E-mail: martin.leese  stanfordalumni.org