Certainly the easiest workflow would be to simply decode your B-format to
your bed format, 9.1 or 7.1.4, and mix into the bed directly. I don't know
of any (released) decoder that does these layouts in a ProTools world, but
you can always just use 7.1 and ignore height to get things working.

Another approach starts by using a nice symmetrical or semi-symmetrical
layout, for which the ambisonic decode works better, then use ATMOS panners
to put the outputs of this decoder into the proper positions. This uses up
objects for however many virtual speakers you use, of course. I have a
sneaking suspicion that properly done square (or maybe 5 channel w/ height)
done this way would sound good on the widest possible variety of playback
systems.

The first approach isn't ideal because, well 7.1, etc. aren't ideal. The
second approach would be even more prone to have ATMOS mess it up somehow,
though things that are normal in large theaters, like front to back delay
lines, would play havoc with ambisonics either way and I don't know if this
is sometimes or always present in ATMOS theaters. I've heard enough real
feedback from folks trying this to know that it can sound fabulous, but not
not enough to tell you how get good results every time.

I would also suggest that by being much more directional in its virtual
speakers, a parametric decoder is likely to suffer less from either of
multi-speaker or delay issues, at least for highly directional sources. I
would highly recommend a parametric decoder for this application.

David
VVAudio