Back in September, Paul Hodges <pwh-surro...@cassland.org> asked:

Any word about calibration?

We've heard from Sennheiser representatives on Facebook that they are not calibrating each Ambeo individually, but rather are using a generic calibration for all examples of that microphone. That is much like what TSL Products is doing with their SoundField SPS200.

In contrast, each TetraMic comes with its own calibration.

Bo-Erik (Bosse) Sandholm has posted the first B-format recordings that compare Ambeo to TetraMic:

  https://soundcloud.com/user-740566308/

You can also download them from there.

I listened to them with a Blumlein decode and six-channel horizontal surround decode using David McGriffy's "VVMic for TetraMic".

In my opinion, his two recordings of the Pygme Jazz Band are particularly revealing.

Len Moskowitz (mosko...@core-sound.com)
Core Sound LLC
www.core-sound.com
Home of TetraMic