Date : 05/01/17 - 16:27 (GMTST)
To : sursound@music.vt.edu
Subject : Re: [Sursound] The BBC & Quadrophony in 1973

Alan Varty wrote:

> Hello Eero.
>
> I cannot remember which issues contained the schematics for the
> Matrix-H only variomatrix decoder, sorry.
>
> Later, there were some simple mods to change from H to HJ.
>
> Then, along came the Integrex linear decoder with shelf filters and
> multi-system selection buttons, which I also built.
>
> Later still, the IBA carried out some experimental 2.5/3 channel
> surround sound broadcasts which were compatible with
> existing FM stereo receivers.  In relation to this there is a proposed
> new type of demultiplexer for improved FM stereo or 3-channel
> broadcasts by J. Halliday.  This can be found in IBA Technical Review
> No. 17 of March 1982.

(mysterious) I < believe >  that this unknown "experimental 2.5/3
channel  Halliday format" was sometimes also called <U>HJ.

This information is classified...
(doc. "IBA Technical Review No. < 17 >" of March 1982 can be consulted
at Her  Majesty's GCHQ. You will need some special permission to do so

Best,

Stefan