Oh, zero group-delay wickers are rare as hen's teeth these days...

But I am certain that professor Lirpa's VDRS, Vehicular Disc Reproduction
System, that solved almost all vinyl disc player problems, would have
improved matrixed surround sound on vinyl discs as well, if it would not
have been forgotten when digital audio started to take over:

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Audio/70s/Audio-1978-04.pdf

Page 71 ->

Eero