From: Sursound <sursound-boun...@music.vt.edu> on behalf of Gerard Lardner
<glard...@iol.ie>
Date: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 7:00 PM
To: <sursound@music.vt.edu>
Subject: Re: [Sursound] [allowed] summary of everything (in the guise of a
Sennheiser Ambeo mic critical/comparative review)

Bosse Sandholm posted some B-format recordings of the Pygme Jazz Band,

recordings made with Core Sound's TetraMic and Sennheiser's Ambeo, in

response to a similar request that I made. Check back to 6 December

2016. The postings then link to files uploaded to Soundcloud.

I must confess to not having listened to them in surround sound; my

'studio' has been configured as stereo-only since mid-November. I must

put it back to surround sound (put back the speakers that were

'borrowed' for another project) and listen to the comparisons properly.

Interestingly, a small /à capella/ group to which I belong hosted some

sound recording students from a local Institute of Technology just

before Easter, to let them try out various surround sound and ambience

recording techniques. They brought along almost 30 microphones,

including a Tetramic and a Zoom H2n (but not an Ambeo). I look forward

to hearing the results of their efforts and hearing how we sound when

recorded using the different techniques.

Gerard