Hi Augustine,

I have tried and heard these kinds of speakers in various situations.
Generally they are good for voice reproduction, there is very little
below about 200 Hz in my memory and the cheaper versions are not
very loud (or distort when you turn them up). Some of them sound nastier
than others. The effect of bouncing sound off an object or wall
works very well, but you have to hang the speaker so that the listener
is not in the direct beam. In a reflective (gallery) space, the beam keeps
bouncing, so that you might hear the sound somewhere else in the room
than you expect! Most of the applications I’ve heard which worked combined
these speakers with other sound sources, just adding details with the
ultrasound speaker.

this one I remember sounded quite good:

http://ultrasonic-audio.com/products/acouspade-directional-speaker/

best, Justin