Politis Archontis wrote:

Hi Len,

you can find a higher-order virtual microphone implementation in our web-audio
ambisonics library, implementing higher-order cardioids, supercardioids, and
hypercardioid patterns. The library is open-source and generates the patterns
for any order, even though Web Audio supports up to 4th-order signals (without
tricks) at that point. You can find a real-time 3rd-order demo here:

https://cdn.rawgit.com/polarch/JSAmbisonics/e28e15b384f2442a66fadc0035439c64ed65fa4d/examples/hoa-virtual-mic.html

If you manage to stream your 9 second-order signals somehow in the browser,
then you can process them live there, but unfortunately I think HTML5 supports
up to 8 channels for streaming audio, so at the moment HOA material works only
with wav/ogg files.

I don't believe this is (still?) true:

https://github.com/GoogleChrome/omnitone

Omnitone offers ambisonic decoding and binaural rendering of:

    * First-order-ambisonic stream
    * High-order-ambisonic stream: 2nd and 3rd order.

The input audio stream can be either an HTMLMediaElement (<video> or <audio> tag) or a multichannel AudioBufferSourceNode.

BR

Stefan

Regards,
Archontis Politis
Post-doctoral Researcher
Department of Signal Processing and Acoustics
Aalto University
Finland

On 11 Oct 2017, at 19:43, len moskowitz