> I can't get VLC v2.2.5.1 to play to six speakers. It looks like it will
> play Dolby 5.1 files, but I can't configure it for a 6-speaker ring playing
> a 6-channel WAV.

Hi Len, I've recently set up VLC Player on Linux to play a 6-channel WAV
file. I used an external USB audio interface and connected VLC to it via
Jack. This was pretty straightforward and I can't see why it shouldn't work
on Windows. Install Jack for Windows (http://jackaudio.org/downloads/),
configure it to output to your audio interface and start the server. Then
configure VLC to use Jack as audio out (Audio/Audio Device/Jack). For me
this mapped the WAV channels sequentially to the six outputs (NB you might
need to switch off the "Force detection of Dolby Surround" in VLC Audio
Preferences).

David