Thanks, Brian.

That Auvitran Toolbox looks like a very flexible platform.

With a single Sound Device 970 recorder (64 tracks), and either a DAD AX32 (or four RME Octamic XTCs feeding the Auvitran ADAT interface), it looks like recording 32 mic channels (or more) will be pretty straightforward.

For lower cost, we could replace the RMEs with MOTU 8Pre USBs.

Len Moskowitz (mosko...@core-sound.com)
Core Sound LLC
www.core-sound.com
Home of TetraMic and OctoMic

-----

Brian FG Katz wrote:

To add a bit into this discussion, we have recently invested in the Auvitran audio toolbox platform, a modular interface which allows for the construction of a Dante interface with a variety of input/output modules. These include XLR mic preamps as well as ADAT I/O so that we can also use our existing hardware (RME octamic, etc.) over Dante.