Hi Len
This is very interesting information.
I’ve have just ordered a mixpre 6 so I’m ready for 1’ st order ambisonics
But my aim is using ambisonics in exhibition set ups so people can walk around
in spaces/full circles ca. 10 meters in diameter

I have no experience with ambisonics and not at all in “live” settings but
regarding your info it seems like only a 2’ end order ambisonics recording will
be usefull?
If usefull at all..?

If usefull; Can you recommend Zoom F8n (or “just” F8) as a recorder with
Octomic?
Or any other 8 ch recorder around  the same price range?
The main point is low noise pre’s -  no fancy stuff.

Re. Price: the list price is 1999 USD  for Octomic and you mention that it is
just a little above Sennheiser Ambeo (which i can buy in Europe incl. tax AND
shipping for 1920 USD at Thomann) Is your price ex. Tax and shipping?
I live in Denmark.

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
Søren Bendixen
Composer & Producer