I don't know the Sennheiser Ambeo, but the Rode NTSF1 is a gorgeous
sounding mic. The Zoom H3-VR is also a good mic, clean sounding but not as
rich. It is, however, incredibly compact, I took one overnight hiking
recently. As an aside could someone with the technical expertise decode
this paragraph from the Rode on their new soundfield plugin - " Eschewing
the matrices and correction filters of previous generations, it utilises
state-of-the-art frequency-domain processing to deliver unparalleled
spatial accuracy at all frequencies." Does that register with anyone?

Gary