To add on top of the previous email, there are three then ( I didn t know
about COMPASS), because Harpex can be a vst itself, which sounds
magnificently good.

Regards
Axel

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 at 07:52, Politis Archontis <archontis.poli...@aalto.fi>
wrote:

> Hi Wilson,
>
> First of all you have to understand the upmixing algorithms themselves
> before starting implementing them. Some methods that can do that are
> Directional Audio Coding (DirAC), which you can read all about in the
> “Parametric Time-frequency Domain Spatial Audio” book of last year, and
> numerous articles from AES journal and conferences. Then there is the
> HARPEX method by Svein Berge for FOA signals, you can find the articles
> online. Another option is the recent COMPASS method which can also upmix
> second-order or 3rd-order if needed. Finally, an alternative is the sparse
> recovery approach by Wabnitz, Jin and Epain, published mostly in IEEE
> conferences.
>
> There are two plugins I know of offering this functionality at the moment,
> one by Blue Ripple Sound that uses HARPEX, and one based on COMPASS by us,
> which is to be released this month. In general if you have no previous
> experience with the various parts of these methods, time-frequency
> transforms, parameter estimation, adaptive filtering, maybe decorrelation,
> and others.. expect to spend many months testing things till you manage to
> get good audio quality.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Archontis Politis
>
> On 22 Feb 2019, at 03:37, Wilx Wilson <wilxson....@gmail.com<mailto:
> wilxson....@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Not sure if I have missed a discussion about upmixing with ambisonics on
> Sursound.
>
> Just wondering if anyone is willing to share some information on how to
> implement upmixing algorithms from 1st Order Ambisonics A&B-format to 3rd
> Order Ambisonics B-format.
>
> I am really curious to know on how they are implemented mathematically.
> Because I am developing a prototype plugin for my research project.
>
> Have a good day!
>
> Much Obliged,
> Wilson Lim

*Axel Drioli*
*axeldrioli.com <http://axeldrioli.com/>*

*For immersive recordings visit ImmersiveFieldRecording.com
<http://immersivefieldrecording.com/>*
*For Spatial Audio production visit SpatialAudioLabs.com
<http://SpatialAudioLabs.com>*

*Tel-Facetime: +44 7460 223640*
*Skype: axel.drioli*
*E-mail: a...@spatialaudiolabs.com <a...@spatialaudiolabs.com>*