This is the only list that I subscribe to that gives this wierd encoding, and it is not consistent.

Could the list owner/moderator please look into what is going one.

Many thanks!

David

At 13:44 04-06-19, you wrote:
See below.

Steve

> On 4 Jun 2019, at 08:52, Brian FG Katz <k...@ida.upmc.fr> wrote:
>
> (apologies for cross posting)
> (please distribute to potential candidates with urgency)
‚vR†fRâurgent funding opportunity for a PhD on the Digital reconstruction of the organ and the Chapelle de la Sorbonne.

> Thesis topic: The PhD project consists of the virtual reconstruction of the organ and the acoustics of the chapel, based on available documentation. The goal is a numerical simulation of the acoustic functioning of the pipes of the organ, the radiation of these pipes in the buffet, and the acoustic radiation of the buffet into the church. While most of the modeling components of these elements are known and described by acoustic theories, the modeling and simulation of the whole represents a major scientific challenge: over a thousand pipes (1365 to be precise) represent an ensemble of non-linear acoustic oscillators that radiate in a subspace (the buffet), itself coupled to the acoustic volume of the chapel.
>
> Deadline for candidate 23-June-2019.
>
> For additional information, please follow the link below:
>        http://www.lam.jussieu.fr/Stages/index.php?page=These_ISCD-CM
‚Ô'&­n FG Katz
> --
> Brian FG Katz, Ph.D, HDR
> Research Director, CNRS
ܛÝ\H]\šY\ÈHXÛÝ\Ý\]YHH]\Ú\]YHˆÀorbonne Université, CNRS, UMR 7190, Institut Jean Le Rond ∂'Alembert
> bureau 510, 5ème, allé des tours 55-65
> 4, Place Jussieu
> 75005 Paris
> web_perso: http://www.dalembert.upmc.fr/home/katz