Thanks Peter. Yes i lived ten years in the Amazon making 3D audio
recordings - humidity is indeed a problem. I've been looking at the Sonosax
unit - looks amazing but I didnt realise it needed an addon. I'm probably
not going to go for the ORTF right now as there's other things I want to
use the budget for - but I like th principle and I tried to design my own
thing like this once - I'm very much with Hynkook on these kinds of mic
arrays - I believe he inspired this design.