On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 04:45:45PM +0100, Stefan Schreiber wrote:

> Well, Mpeg-H Audio  uses N3D. It means people might "master" in N3D as well.

Mpeg-H, like Atmos, is a delivery format used to encode the final
result of a production. It is not used for intermediate storage of
data that still needs to be worked on.

So it doesn't matter in a production environment if you use N3D or SN3D.
What matters in practice is that all your tools use the same convention,
you don't want to do conversions all the time.

All my tools (most of which I've written myself) use SN3D as default,
with the option of N3D if and when required.

Ciao,

--
FA