Hi Fons,

Thanks for your feedback! I would argue: A digital spirit level can be way more
precise than smartphone sensors for sure. But a physical spirit level with the
curved air bubble inside a colored liquid that has to be placed centrally
between two lines drawn on the liquid filled tube

https://pixabay.com/photos/building-tiler-ceramic-tiles-1080597/

is way less precise than a fraction of a degree. Think of it: You have
reflections, and refractions, and the bubble curvature:

https://pixabay.com/photos/spirit-level-tool-craft-to-build-2081193/

Errors of more than one degree are very common.

Still, you are right: We definitely show off!

Cheers,
Tim

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

Dr. Tim Ziemer