Thorsten Michels wrote:

> In three weeks I have the opportunity to record a Jazz Duo with a
> concert grand piano (Steinway) and a singer in a recording studio, with
> controled acoustic.
> The job is to record the duo in the classical way (Stereo) and now comes
> the fun part: in Surround and / or Ambisonic, too.

I have never recorded anything, so please
ignore what I say.

Perhaps I have misunderstood something, but
I assume the studio will be acoustically dead
(no early reflections or reverberation).  I am not
sure what will be the point of reproducing this in
surround.

You really need an acoustically live studio so
that there is some surround to record.
Recordings by Nimbus Records are an
extreme example of this.

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin J Leese
E-mail: martin.leese  stanfordalumni.org