I am not sure, if head trackers have been in discussion lately, but thought that
I'd share this.

I haven't had too much interest in head trackers, because I have thought that
they are expensive toys. A while ago I happened to find this:

https://github.com/trsonic/nvsonic-head-tracker/

Tomasz Rudzki gives very good instructions how to build and to take in use a
DIY head tracker, that works with several audio applications.

I had never built or used any Arduinos or Raspberries, this was my first time. I have been a bit suspicious, because I thought one needs to write some code,
but with this project, everything is ready-made, just download and install.

The two boards needed are dirt cheap, I paid 15,80€ for the Arduino board and less than 10 € for the position sensor board. I already had a small plastic box and a USB Micro - USB A cable. Even in the worst case the costs are less than 30 €/$.

There are only four leads to solder between the boards. Then download the
Arduino IDE and the OSC HT Bridge softwares and install. I fiddled a little with the files,
but it didn't take much time before I got it all working.

I am using the head tracker with the Sparta AmbiBIN decoder in Reaper. It works great. I have always known that localization in binaural listening improves when head tracking
is used.

I urge anyone interested to build this tracker, it is an easy job to do. If needed,
I can help in what I can.

Eero