It may be possible to do this using find dir and a batch file.  The process
if it works would generate a data base of all directories on a disk and when
it generated it would number records in the data base.  Then perhaps an
iterative search of the data base for each record and then search each
directory listed for the desired file.  Actually, tree would have to be used
and I remember a batch file called dirtree3.bat in one of the after-market
dos books I had read and used effectively to get that information.  It was a
matter of using pipes with tree /f and find I think.  I'll probably have a
look at it all again later this weekend.

Jude <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered