"JJG" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
> On a similar note, Comcast cable yanked my static IP a few weeks ago when
> excite went under.  I am really pissed because that blows my long term
> plans.

Out here (Phoenix) we've been enduring the Cox conversion away from @Home.
It's been ugly, although it seems to have stabilized in the last week and
speeds are pretty good.

> Does anyone know of a broadband supplier that will provide a static
> IP, Non crippled upstream, and keep the bill < $50/ month.

Now THERE's a quest! I've seen DSL for that low, and apparently some will
give a static IP. However, the speeds in that price range paled in
comparison. And after the big shakeout, I wonder how many of those providers
are still in business.

- Bob