Jude DaShiell wrote:

> Have you ever succeeded in getting pine working under dos without windows?
> 3.96 was the last version that would do that and is still available from
> cac.washington.edu.  I tried but had no luck getting that done.
not me, I could get Arachne and Nettamer working, but
my recollection is that Pine and Elm used nomenclature
I was unfamiliar with, and I never did get all the right
answers in all the right boxed.

Come to think of it, I didnt have much luck using the
dos version of emacs or vi either. They looked awfully
klutzy compared to Dexter, Bingo, Breeze...