Hi Gang,
Reading of some user problems with LSPPP, I was just wondering
how everyone else was using it.  I've used it in the past on 3
different brand/speed of modems...a 14.4 US Robotics Sportster Internal
PC modem, an extermal MultiModem ZModem 19.2, both of these are data/
FAX modems and my 486DX4's internal Phoebe 33.6 voice/data/fax modem...
Note that I've had BEST success if I put some settings in as a DOS
variable, so I use it in a batch file, and SET LSPPP= then the various
settings for DNS, baud, data compression, etc. here.  Then I use a line
to load LSPPP...I prefer using LOADHIGH LSPPP followed by my ISPs
number, my username, then password.  This way, my username and password
are not stored into DOS variables, just to add a touch of security.
This method has worked so well for me with LSPPP I've used it with my
own hacked together piece of code, WZPPP...but, I'd still like to hear
how you folks having problems used it, or tried anyway.  REMEMBER, LSPPP
and for that matter WZPPP do not use the PPPDRC.CFG, PPPTCP.CFG or
WATTCP.CFG files...
C U L8R!
Wiz  <{;-)
Wizard57M
Glenn Gilbreath Jr.
http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/index.htm
-- DOS Internet, Close the Windows, Keep the Internet Open! --

-- Arachne V1.66, NON-COMMERCIAL copy, http://arachne.cz/