I would imagine that the new OS context would
have to mount the drive volumes and assess the
state of certain hardware, yes?

DOS doesn't care particularly, as it reads the drive
and/or other hardware at the moment that it needs it.

Linux and other OSes may have other requirements for
tracking the current state of the file system and/or
certain gizmos.

If that could be overcome, then fast switching mignt
be feasible.

Anyone?

~~Garry
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]