In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you write:

> I have an Evergreen MxPro 200 upgrade chip and would like to install
> it on my AMD P166. How do I configure the mobo to work with this
> chip. What value do I set the:
>
> CPU voltage?
>
> Clock frequency?
>
> Clock multiplier?
>
> I have the docs for my mobo so I know how to change the values, I
> just need the correct values. Evergreen's site was no help. TIA.

I don't know much about the 200, but I've got a 233 installed. Evergreen
do an install program which tests your motherboard/BIOS and basically
says OK or forget it. If you can find it, that will save some heartache.
So far as I know, all the slower upgrades require a bus speed of 66Mhz,
which I think your mobo will be set for as x2.5 is one of the standard
multipliers. The other variable is the voltage, which is 3.52v, but
anything between 3.45 and 3.60 should work. Apart from those two, if the
mobo/BIOS is compatible, it's just a matter of popping in the upgrade
and off you go.
I think that these slow upgrades all use the Winchip CPU which doesn't
work with all things. MSDOS and Windows are OK, but DRDOS doesn't work
at all and OS/2 is flaky.

Alex.